In the Pontiac Platform you will have full control over the bids for all of your campaigns. When setting up a Line Item you will be able to set a min, base and max bid for the media. Closing bids are an ‘all-in’ price and include the Pontiac 20% Software User Licensing Fee and any associated Audience fees or Foot Traffic Fees.
- Min Bid: This is the minimum CPM you will accept entering auctions at. This will keep the lower quality inventory from being targeted as the campaign will not try to serve impressions below this CPM threshold.
- Base Bid: This is the first bid that you enter an auction at. If the closing price comes in below the base bid, the CPM will bid the amount one cent more than the next highest bid.
- Max Bid: This is the highest CPM you would be willing to pay for impressions on the campaign. Once an auction reaches this point, the system will stop bidding on that placement.
Bid Recommendations by Media Type
Bid pricing typically varies based on the media type and the level of targeting. If you are limiting geographic parameters or targeting Audience segments, bids should be higher than these standard recommendations.
Audio can be bought either through the Open Exchange, or via PMPs. Bids on the Open Exchange typically clear between $10 and $13, whereas PMP Deals are often in the $18 – $25 range. Each PMP will have specific bid recommendations.
The typical prices for CTV placements range from $28-40, with premium inventory available at prices over $40. If you are targeting a CTV deal you will be given the CPM floor. We recommend setting this floor as you ‘Min Bid’ with your ‘Base Bid’ & ‘Max Bid’ at least $3-$5 above the min. CTV placements on the Open Exchange may sell at a lower CPM, but we recommend using PMP’s as they guarantee fraud-free inventory.
Display Bid Prices vary with targeting and Audience data. The standard recommendations are a ‘Base Bid’ of $2.43 and a ‘Max Bid’ of $4.11.
Native Bid Prices vary depending on the quality of the sites and inventory, but guidelines are as follows:
- Format A: Avg. bid between $5.35 and $6.45
- Format B: Avg. Bid between $1.20 and $2.30
- Format C: Avg. Bid between $1.20 and $2.30
- Format D: Native placements usually close at a higher CPM. We recommend setting your ‘Base Bid’ around $7.25 and ‘Max Bid’ at $12.75.
Bids vary for video inventory, but we recommend a bid structure of at least an $8 base bid.
Bid Recommendations with Audience Segments or Foot Traffic Attribution
All Audience segments have an additional cost CPM that should be added to your bid data. If your base bid is $2.43 and you are targeting an Audience segment with a cost of $2 CPM, you will actually be bidding $0.43 for media. If you are using an Audience segment, add the cost of the segment to the standard recommendation for the media type. If you are using various Audiences, add the average of all of the Audience costs to the standard recommendation for the media type. Foot Traffic Attribution also has an additional cost of $1.50 CPM. All campaigns receiving Foot Traffic Studies should add $1.50 to the bid recommendation for the media type.
- LiveRamp CRM segment: add $2.00
- Geoframed Onspot segment: add $2.00
- Job Title/Employer Bombora segment: varies based on the segment, add the CPM shown in the ‘Onboarded’ section of the Audiences tab
- Custom Contextual Grapeshot segment: varies based on the segment, add the CPM shown in the ‘Onboarded’ section of the Audiences tab
- Other Third-Party Audiences: add associated CPM
- Foot Traffic Studies: add $1.50