A separate Gambling Addendum must be signed prior to the launch of any Gambling advertising. Download the Gambling Addendum: Pontiac Gambling Addendum. Once signed, email this addendum to your Account Manager.
With respect to any campaign executed via the Pontiac Platform, “gambling ad” means the following:
- Any type of advertisement that promotes, directly or indirectly, online (internet and mobile) and offline (land-based or “bricks and mortar” casinos, betting shops, card rooms or other gambling establishments) gambling, gaming, betting or wagering of any kind, whether for cash prizes or other things of value, including but not limited to casino games, poker, sports betting (whether individual or parlay wagering), pari-mutuel wagering or “betting pools” (including horse racing, dog racing, and jai alai), lotteries, raffles, sweepstakes, penny auctions, and fantasy sports.
- Any type of advertisement that otherwise relates in any way to the foregoing activities, including advertisements for promotional products, services or materials, including education, “learn to play,” “practice” and other free simulation sites affiliated with online or offline gambling or wagering sites or facilities.
Notwithstanding any other provision in this policy, Pontiac prohibits gambling ads of any kind targeted to serve in the following countries and any other country where gambling or the advertisement of gambling is illegal:
- Hong Kong
- United Arab Emirates
Restrictions on Gambling Ads
Pontiac generally permits gambling ads to be targeted to serve in jurisdictions other than those above where such ads are not prohibited so long as Pontiac users, on behalf of themselves and the advertisers whose ads they are trafficking, comply with the following requirements:
- The ad complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in any jurisdiction where the client’s ad targets to serve.
- The buyer and the advertiser currently hold all required licenses, permits, registrations, waivers, consents or other governmental approvals (collectively, “licenses”) to operate in the jurisdictions in which the ad is served and in any other jurisdictions in which you and the advertiser operate.
- The buyer and the advertiser are in compliance and agree to remain in compliance with all applicable laws and the terms of all applicable licenses.
- The buyer and the advertiser agree not to serve gambling ads targeted to serve in any jurisdiction specifically prohibited by this policy, as such may be updated from time to time.
- The buyer is approved by AppNexus/Xandr to serve gambling ads.
- The buyer acknowledges that approval does not guarantee that ads can be served; Pontiac and AppNexus/Xandr reserve the right to conduct appropriate due diligence on the buyer and/or the advertiser and, in each of their sole and absolute discretion, may prohibit any ad from serving for any reason whatever.
Pontiac shall have no liability or responsibility of any kind if AppNexus/Xandr decline to serve gambling ads or any other Ads proposed by a Pontiac user, regardless of whether the ads meet the Pontiac Ad Standards or are approved by Pontiac, and users agree to indemnify and hold harmless Pontiac from any losses arising from AppNexus/Xandr’s decision not to serve a user’s gambling ads.
To “target ads to serve in a country” or “jurisdiction”, for purposes of this gambling addendum, means to target advertising based on the geographic location of an Internet user (according to the IP address associated with the requesting browser).
Advertising for government-sponsored lotteries is permitted, so long as the ads comply with the following requirements:
- The advertiser is a government entity or agency, such as a state, provincial or national lottery commission or authority, or a licensee or agent contractually authorized to operate or advertise lottery games on behalf of a government entity.
- The lottery ads must only target the jurisdiction that controls the lottery commission or authority, or in which the government-sponsored lottery is authorized.
- The lottery ads otherwise comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations.
- Under no circumstances should gambling ads be targeted to children.